Thursday 19 July 2012

I love DURIAN by the way






I had an enjoyable durian feast this evening - nothing beats the smell and the sweet succulent taste. I was on buffet spree and went Mau San Wong all the way. Thanks to my colleague for extending the extra seat and of course, courtesy from RHB Bank. What else can one ask for? Fresh, fleshy with custard texture and aromatic durian by the pool side :- my day end with a smile :)





I'm in the mood to share some facts on durians :-

Durian, is a popular local food that emits strong ordour, has strong empowering taste and exquisite flavor. Some people regard durian as fragrant, but others may find the aroma of this fruit disgusting. The taste that prompted people to intense disgust has been described variously as rotten onions, turpentine and rancid cheese and funnily, toilet.

The name of this fruit is named after Bahasa Malaysia 'duri', means thorns. Available in many different breeds, namely Ang Hae (red prawns), Ho Lor, XO and Mau San Wong (Gua Musang) and more common ones such as D24.

What constitutes a good durian? For us, the durian must be ripe, flesh must be starchy, taste must be flavorful and strong, and most importantly, the durian must be free from larvae or insects.

Here's a page where you can explore more like how to select good durian and easy method to reap open a durian :-  http://www.penangdurianfarm.com/our-durians.html

 


2 comments:

JOYKRIT MITRA said...

Hi. I would like to use one of your Durian images on a blogpost. Please tell me your name so I can give you the proper credit.I will link to your blog certainly, but I think a name is better!

mflovesfood said...

Hi, sorry for the really late reply. You are free to use my picture. Appreciate your credit. Thanks.